My apologises simpletons for not posting that part 2 up in a timely manner.
Call it CP time.
Call it CP time.
This was brought about by a week that I'm not sure was
worth having.I'm sure we all feel this way at one point and time.
A lonely boy in a window kinda week.
And honestly I'm not sure if today is any different, firstly, because its 8 A.M. on a Wednesday in freezing cold weather. Secondly, I am technically single around Valentine's Day, which doesn't really matter because I intended on making my mother my valentine anyway. But I've notice what some fail to realize...
Coming from a right point of view is impossible when it comes to love.
John Legend said: "Everybody knows but no body really knows.."
The radio has a tardy tendency of relating to my dilemmas. I've played every role
in the master book of life and just haven't found that happy medium.
Between nice guy, bad guy, smart guy, artsy guy, and what have you but
nothing seems to truly fit me. Whether that's in the aspect of a growing romantic relationship, or a Daytonian captain to a movement that has been progressing beyond me (spoken word) I am
a fraction shadow of the man I need to be. If only it were a bit more quiet...
Then I may be able to hear myself...my true self, distant but not out of sight.
HE is still fragile. I am just the chameleon shell that forces an unmanned adaptation.
Though, at times i feel this shell of myself is vital to my survival, I was just asked yesterday to be the new slam master to Dayton Poetry Slam....WTF!?!! This puts me in a hell of a compromising spot with what I'm trying to do now...it was said that if I don't then Dayton Poetry Slam is dead, and will remain that way permanently.
I only have 21 year old shoulders weak from college and love the same. It is an honor to be thought of but really I have a bunch on my poetic plate as is, trying to live up to the name of my poetic brothers and sisters that most look to as God-like but I look too as pinnacles of brilliance, while making my own name and style in this ever growing world of artistry.
"Wordplay wordsmith"
is a title I am striving to reach on a daily basis...and to some this isn't important...well to me it is.
I have seen lives change because of a simple notebook.
Sidebar::
"Have you ever seen God's smile?"
I saw it in my ex-girlfriend daily...I'm sure if I sat with her long enough I still would.
True, the pain she left me with would bury most mortal men under a false stare and a bleeding heart conversation but with the many I have had, this girl almost had me at "Good-bye".
There was so much Heaven in here that I saw it in old photos. Now if that ain't some shit then I don't know what is. Simpleton me mistook her grace for innocents, so I am beginning to think that God is still in the grimmest vessels. Shows how much power he actually has. This old photo I am referring to was a lonely poem that had to be written before I was ready to let her fold back into wrinkling stepping stones stories. We were two distant dreamers, who's dreams never could catch up to each other. I tend to see that with all the smiles I've dated until recently.
In recent history, I have been feeling like I have been getting too dark for my own skin.
"I truly am sorry for the sins I have become."
Beautiful Blasphemy
I have let so many good things slip past my repair, and I am finally putting things in comfort.
Tangible expectations even the most sub-simpleton can conform to.
Sidebar:.
"Duffy and John Legend make a hell of a playlist." ()-_-()
Just realized that music and poetry both allow me to get free with myself and others...
[THE WRAP-UP]
Simpleton or not, love is a hard concept to understand, and polish. And weeks can be as lonely as Winter break on campus, but we all meet up sooner or later.
PEACE&love...keep it simple.
Me.



No comments:
Post a Comment